2016 Herbicide Resistance Summit
March 02, 2016
The Herbicide Resistance Summit was organized to facilitate a more unified understanding of herbicide resistance issues across Canada and around the world, and to increase awareness that everyone engaged with agriculture has a role in managing herbicide resistance.
Participants in the day-long Summit will hear top experts speak on the following topics:
- A global overview of herbicide resistance
- State of weed resistance in Western Canada and future outlook
- Managing herbicide‐resistant wild oat on the Prairies
- Distribution and control of glyphosate-resistant weeds in Ontario
- The role of pre-emergent herbicides, and tank-mixes and integrated weed management
- Impact of glyphosate-resistant Palmer amaranth and other glyphosate-resistant weeds in the southern and midwestern U.S.
- Harvest weed seed control in Australian cropping systems
- Implementing harvest weed seed control (HWSC) methods in Canada
The 2016 Herbicide Resistance Summit has approved 4 CEUs: Integrated Pest Management for the Certified Crop Adviser Program. A sign-up sheet will be available at the Summit registration desk.
For more information on the Summit, and to register, visit: http://www.weedsummit.ca/