2023 Half-Day Winter Pulse Meeting - Melfort
March 02, 2023
10:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Saskatchewan Pulse Growers invites you to join us for the 2023 Half-Day Winter Pulse Meeting at the Kerry Vickar Centre in Melfort, SK.
Pre-registration is encouraged, but not required.
Melfort, SK – The Kerry Vickar Centre
Thursday March 2, 2023
10:00 AM – 2:30 PM CST
- 9:45 AM | Registration opens
- 10:00 AM | Opening Remarks & Introductions
- 10:10 AM | Agronomic Lookback & Outlook - Meagen Reed, Agronomy Manager, SPG
- 10:30 AM | Right Genetics, Right Place: RVT Portal & the Pulse Quality Program - Meagen Reed, Agronomy Manager, SPG
- 10:50 AM | Aphids in Faba Beans - Dr. Sean Prager, Department of Plant Science, University of Saskatchewan
- 11:20 AM | Phosphate Study - Blake Weiseth, Applied Research Lead, Glacier Farm Media Discovery Farm
- 11:50 PM | Lunch
- 12:25 PM | Root Rots: Current Situation & SPG Investments - Dr. Michelle Hubbard, Research Scientist, Pulse Pathology, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- 1:10 PM | Novel Pulse Crops: A Pulse for Every Acre & Opportunities - Robin Lokken, General Manager, Conservation Learning Centre
- 1:25 PM | Faba Beans: Research, Agronomy, & Opportunities - Dale Risula
- 1:45 PM | Pulse Market Outlook - Marlene Boersch, Owner & Managing Partner, Mercantile Consulting Venture Inc.
- 2:25 PM | Closing Remarks
CEU and CCSC credits available.