2022 Winter Pulse Meeting: January 25
January 25, 2022
9:00 AM - 12:15 PM
Based on new recommendations from the Saskatchewan Health Authority and following the guidance of Saskatchewan’s Chief Medical Officer suggesting residents refrain from gathering outside of the home, SPG has made the decision to offer this Winter Pulse Meeting date as a virtual-only webinar.
Registration is free and required to attend.
- 9:00 AM | Opening Remarks & Introductions, Corey Loessin, Board Member, Saskatchewan Pulse Growers
- 9:05 AM | On-Farm Agronomic Outlook for Pulses, Sarah Anderson, Agronomy Manager, Saskatchewan Pulse Growers
- 9:30 AM | Growing Chickpeas 101, Melanie Leppa, Owner and Agrologist, Soils and Such Agronomy
- 9:45 AM | Lentil Anthracnose – What You Need to Know, Michelle Hubbard, Research Scientist Pulse Pathology, Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada
- 10:00 AM | Chickpea Health Issue Update, Michelle Hubbard, Research Scientist Pulse Pathology, Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada
- 10:20 AM | Q&A session for first panel
- 10:35 AM | Break
- 10:45 AM | New Pulse Varieties for Grower Adoption, Laurie Friesen, Seed Program Manager, Saskatchewan Pulse Growers
- 11:05 AM | Spotlight on Transportation: Container Availability & Effects on Supply Chain, Greg Northey, Vice President of Corporate Affairs, Pulse Canada
- 11:15 AM | National Pulse Market Development – Progress Update Towards 25% by 2025 Goals, Julianne Curran, Vice President of Market Innovation, Pulse Canada
- 11:25 AM | Market Outlook (Pea, Lentil & Chickpea), Marlene Boersch, Owner & Managing Partner, Mercantile Consulting Venture Inc.
- 12:00 PM | Q&A session for second panel
- 12:15 PM | Closing Remarks
This live event has ended. Watch the recordings here.
PLEASE NOTE: In moving to a virtual format, the agenda for this meeting has been streamlined to provide a shorter and more concise experience. In doing so, some sessions that were originally offered for the in-person meeting is now only being offered on the Feb 2 virtual meeting instead. Please review the updated agenda for this session as well as the Feb 2 session so that you may ensure you can attend your desired sessions of interest on the correct day.
If you can attend both virtual meetings, we strongly encourage you to do so by registering for the Feb 2 session. If you can’t join us for one of those days, video replays will be made available afterwards.
CEU and CCSC credits available.