2022 Winter Pulse Meeting: Davidson
March 15, 2022
8:45 AM - 3:30 PM CST
Saskatchewan Pulse Growers invites you to join us for the Winter Pulse Meeting series in Davidson. Physical attendees may join us at the Davidson Town Hall in Davidson, SK. This meeting will also be available virtually so you can join us online from any location.
Registration is free and required to attend either in person or online.
Davidson, SK – Davidson Town Hall
Tuesday March 15, 2022
8:45 AM – 3:30 PM CST
- 8:45 AM - Registration opens
- 9:10 AM - Opening Remarks & Introductions
- 9:15 AM - On-Farm Agronomic Outlook for Pulses – Sarah Anderson, Agronomy Manager, Saskatchewan Pulse Growers
- 10:00 AM - Pulse Insect Issues, Research Updates 2021, and Prospects for 2022 – James Tansey, Provincial Specialist, Insect/Vertebrate Pest Management, Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
- 10:30 AM - Coffee Break (15 minutes)
- 10:45 AM - Root Rot Tools, and how to use them to make decisions – Sandy Junek, Molecular Lab Manager, Discovery Seed Labs Ltd.
- 11:10 AM - Lentil Anthracnose – what you need to know – Michelle Hubbard, Research Scientist Pulse Pathology, Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada
- 11:30 AM - Growing Chickpeas 101 – Melanie Leppa, Owner and Agrologist, Soils and Such Agronomy
- 12:00 PM - Lunch (45 minutes)
- 12:45 PM - Spotlight on Transportation: Container availability and effects on supply chain – Greg Northey, Vice President of Corporate Affairs, Pulse Canada
- 1:00 PM - National Pulse Market Development – Progress Update Towards 25% by 2025 Goals – Julianne Curran, Vice President of Market Innovation, Pulse Canada
- 1:15 PM - Carbon Advocacy Update – Jamie Miley, Earnscliffe Strategy Group
- 1:35 PM - New Pulse Varieties for Grower Adoption – Laurie Friesen, Seed Program Manager, Saskatchewan Pulse Growers
- 2:05 PM - Coffee Break (15 minutes)
- 2:20 PM - A New Vision for Pulse Breeding in Saskatchewan – Carl Potts, Executive Director, Saskatchewan Pulse Growers
- 2:50 PM - Pea, Lentil & Chickpea Market Outlook – Chuck Penner
- 3:30 PM - Closing Remarks
This live event has ended. Watch the recordings here.
COVID-19: Face masks are recommended to be worn during the meeting, but not considered mandatory.
CEU and CCSC credits available.