Dry Beans, Lentils, Chickpeas - Please!
February 19, 2019
Thinking of planting dry beans? Come hear a full day (February 19) on dry bean, chickpeas and lentils including pulses in cattle rations.
There is a second day totally devoted to peas is on February 20, 2019. The full agenda for the day includes:
- 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 - 9:30 a.m. Dry Bean Varieties - Dale Risula, Ministry of Agriculture
- 9:30 -10:00 a.m. Intercropping Dry Beans - Dr Tejendra Chapagain, University of Guelph
- 10:00 - 10:30 a.m. Chickpea/Flax Intercropping - Bill May, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- 10:30 - 10:45 a.m. Break
- 10:45 - 11:30 a.m. Weed Control in Dry Edible Beans - Clark Brenzil, Ministry of Agriculture
- 11:30 - 12:00 p.m. MRLs and Harvest Considerations - Sherri Roberts, Ministry of Agriculture
- 12:00 -1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 - 1:30 p.m. Lentil Input Study - Jessica Weber, Western Applied Research Corporation
- 1:30 - 2:00 p.m. Using Pulses in Beef Cattle Diets - John Dhuyvetter North Dakota State Extension
- 2:00 -2:15 p.m. Coffee Break
- 2:15 - 3:00 p.m. Crop Insurance Coverage - Saskatchewan Crop Insurance
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. Diseases of Dry Beans, Chickpeas and Lentils - Dr Sabine Banniza, University of Saskatchewan
- 4:00 - 4:30 pm What Can the Canadian Agricultural Partnership do for YOU - Ken Evans, Ministry of Agriculture
CCA credits will be available. To register for this event visit the Eventbrite page here. For more information contact Sherri Roberts 306-848-2856 or firstname.lastname@example.org.