Making the Grade - Grain Grading & Quality Workshop
January 23, 2020
This event provides hands-on training in grain grading from Judy Elias of the Canadian Grain Commission.
You are invited to attend this day long event on grain grading and grain quality, hosted by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture and the Canadian Grain Commission ath the Weyburn Public Library, 45 Bison Avenue.
- 10:00 -10:15 Registration
- 10:15 - 11:00 Falling Number, Chickens & Bridges - Mitchell Japp Provincial Cereal Specialist
- 11:00 - 12:00 Hands on Grain Grading Exercise - Judy Elias Lead Supervisor Canadian Grain Commission
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 - 2:00 Hands on Grain Grading Exercise - Judy Elias Lead Supervisor Canadian Grain Commission
- 2:00 - 2:30 Grain Grading Factors - Melissa Higgins Research Analyst SCIC
- 2:30 - 3:00 The Importance of Seed Testing - Kelly Hansen Prairie Diagnostic Lab
- 3:00 - 3:45 Managing Protein in Dry Pea - Dale Risula Provincial Specialty Crops Specialist
- 3:45 - 4:30 Seed Treatment Options - Mark Mercier Seed Specialist - Syngenta
- 4:30 - 5:00 Rotational Considerations - Can they affect Quality? - Sherri Roberts Crops Extension Specialist
Registration for this event is $20.00 (lunch is included). For more information on this event, please contact Sherri Roberts at: 306-848-2856 or email@example.com.