2022 Winter Pulse Meeting: February 2
February 02, 2022
9:00 AM - 12:05 PM
Based on new recommendations from the Saskatchewan Health Authority and following the guidance of Saskatchewan’s Chief Medical Officer suggesting residents refrain from gathering outside of the home, SPG has made the decision to offer this Winter Pulse Meeting date as a virtual-only webinar.
Registration is free and required to attend.
- 9:00 AM | Opening Remarks & Introductions, Terry Youzwa, Board Member, Saskatchewan Pulse Growers
- 9:05 AM | Pulse Insect Issues, Research Updates 2021, & Prospects for 2022, James Tansey, Provincial Specialist, Insect/Vertebrate Pest Management, Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
- 9:25 AM | Root Rot Tools & How to Use Them to Make Decisions, Sandy Junek, Molecular Lab Manager, Discovery Seed Labs Ltd.
- 9:40 AM | How to Fit Pulses into Rotations, Dale Risula, Provincial Specialist, Specialty Crops, Crops and Irrigation Branch, Ministry of Agriculture
- 9:55 AM | Growing Faba Beans 101, Lyle Cowell, Manager Agronomic Services, Nutrien Ag Solutions
- 10:10 AM | Q&A session for first panel
- 10:25 AM | Break
- 10:35 AM | Soybeans 101, Sherri Roberts, Crop Extension Specialist, Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
- 10:50 AM | Carbon Advocacy Update, Patrick Kennedy, Earnscliffe Strategy Group
- 11:05 AM | A New Vision for Pulse Breeding in Saskatchewan, Carl Potts, Executive Director, Saskatchewan Pulse Growers & Shaun Dyrland, Board Chair, Saskatchewan Pulse Growers
- 11:25 AM | Market Outlook (Pea & Faba Bean), Marlene Boersch, Owner & Managing Partner, Mercantile Consulting Venture Inc.
- 11:50 AM | Q&A session for second panel
- 12:05 PM | Closing Remarks
PLEASE NOTE: In moving to a virtual format, the agenda for this meeting has been streamlined to provide a shorter and more concise experience. In doing so, some sessions that were originally offered for the in-person meeting is now only being offered on the Jan 25 virtual meeting instead. Please review the updated agenda for this session as well as the Jan 25 session so that you may ensure you can attend your desired sessions of interest on the correct day.
If you can attend both virtual meetings, we strongly encourage you to do so by registering for the Jan 25 session. If you can’t join us for one of those days, video replays will be made available afterwards.
CEU and CCSC credits available.