Now Hiring: Communications Manager
June 10, 2021
We are currently seeking someone to join our dynamic and nimble marketing and communications team to help showcase SPG’s innovative work with key audiences.
Saskatchewan Pulse Growers (SPG) is a development board for the dynamic and growing pulse crop industry. Accountable to, and funded by the over 15,000 pulse growers in the province, we provide leadership and work to create opportunities for profitable growth of the Saskatchewan pulse industry by investing in research, market development, communications, and agronomy extension.
Based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, this dynamic role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter looking to build a career in communications while positively impacting profitability for Saskatchewan farmers. If you are a master of content strategy and development and are one to always think three steps ahead, this role could be right for you. If you are motivated to make a difference for farmers, have a drive to continue to expand your knowledge, and learn at the speed of communications in a COVID and post-COVID world, then this might be your opportunity. If you excel at big picture and strategic approaches to short and long-term communications planning, then we want to hear from you. The Communications Manager is responsible for the development, management, and implementation of the communication activities of SPG. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Communications Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Development, project management, and implementation of grower and other stakeholder communication activities related to research, agronomy, markets and market access, and market development information
- Timely content strategy, planning, and development for SPG’s email newsletters, website, social media accounts, videos, webinars, podcasts, several large public in-person and virtual events, and other communication tools
- Acts as the media and public relations point of contact for SPG including preparing press releases, pitching media stories, and coordination of interviews with appropriate spokespeople
- Responsible for managing multiple contractors and vendor relationships including freelance writers and creative agencies
- Develops, executes, and measures success against annual workplan objectives and goals, and provides corresponding reports
- Responsible for budget and workplan development and financial management of SPG’s communications program
The ideal candidate for this role would bring:
- Proven experience in managing multifaceted content strategy and development
- Demonstrated experience in big picture strategic thinking and bringing new ideas and approaches forward
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills including a particular strength in professional writing
- Highly organized with critical thinking and problem solving abilities, strong project management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and programs at once
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player with ability to collaborate well with internal and external colleagues
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and perform under fast paced situations
- A background or experience in agriculture would be considered a significant asset but not required
- A background or experience in advocacy, policy, or government relations would also be considered an asset but not required
- Comfortable with a range of computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and open to learning new programs as plans and technology continue to evolve
Minimum qualifications include:
- Degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or marketing
- 3 years of communications or journalism experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, and an innovative and positive work environment.
Please apply by emailing your resume, cover letter, and references to: HR@saskpulse.com
Application deadline: June 30, 2021, 4:00 PM CST
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.