Now Hiring: Director, Research and Development
December 22, 2020
We are currently seeking a leader to drive our research investment strategy towards the achievement of our strategic goals.
Saskatchewan Pulse Growers (SPG) is a national leader in funding innovative and progressive pulse crop research. With a targeted annual investment of $7 million into research and development, our research program is a critical component to creating opportunities for profitable growth for the over 17,000 pulse growers in Saskatchewan.
We are currently seeking a leader to drive our research investment strategy towards the achievement of our strategic goals in the role of:
DIRECTOR, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Desirably based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, this important role is a rare and exciting career opportunity for a highly motivated professional. If you have strong experience in leading and inspiring a team of professionals, and in providing strategic direction for an innovative applied research program, we want to hear from you. The Director, Research and Development (R&D) is responsible for directing SPG’s strategy for research investments and overseeing SPG’s agronomy programs. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, R&D’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- provide effective leadership, direction, and mentorship to SPG R&D staff to ensure success in key result areas;
- lead the development of SPG’s R&D strategy and priorities, ensuring they reflect key priorities of growers and are aligned with SPG’s strategic plan;
- oversee the management of SPG R&D investments and programs to ensure the most effective use of grower levy dollars;
- serve as a member of the SPG Leadership Team, providing leadership on strategy, management, and policy issues for SPG;
- establish and manage strategic relationships with collaborative research and industry partners at provincial, national, and international levels; and,
- represent SPG with industry and professional groups.
- Master’s degree in agriculture or relevant science field; PhD in Natural Sciences preferred;
- minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role in agriculture research program management (strategy development, execution, measurement, reporting);
- demonstrated leadership skills and team management expertise; an ability to create vision, lead a team of staff, and coach to high performance;
- high level of technical expertise and credibility within the research community;
- experience and understanding of commercial implications of research and development initiatives a significant asset;
- exceptional organizational skills with ability to effectively manage and prioritize projects; strong reporting / writing experience;
- articulate, confident communicator and team player; strong collaborative/negotiating skills;
- motivation, professionalism, and maturity essential.
Salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and ability. Apply, with resume, to HR resolve at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by February 5, 2021.
View this job posting here.