We Are Hiring: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
June 29, 2020
We are currently seeking someone to join our dynamic and nimble marketing and communications team to help showcase SPG’s innovative work with key audiences.
Saskatchewan Pulse Growers (SPG) is a development board for the dynamic and growing pulse crop industry. Accountable to, and funded by the over 15,000 pulse growers in the province, we provide leadership and work to create opportunities for profitable growth of the Saskatchewan pulse industry by investing in research, market development, communications, and agronomy extension. We are currently seeking someone to join our dynamic and nimble marketing and communications team to help showcase SPG’s innovative work with key audiences.
Based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, this dynamic role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter looking to build a career in marketing and communications while impacting profitability for Saskatchewan farmers. If you have an eye for design, are a wizard of computer programs, and can juggle multiple projects like a circus clown, this role could be the right fit for you. If you are motivated to make a difference for farmers, have a drive to continue to expand your knowledge, and learn at the speed of digital and social media, then we want to hear from you. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for the execution and promotion of marketing and communications content and activities of SPG. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Management of websites & database, including editing, formatting, templating, and uploading new content
- Development of graphics and digital resources for multiple brands and social channels
- Social media management for multiple brands, including scheduling and amplification
- Email marketing, including compiling of content and campaigns
- Event & ticket/registration management, including building and managing online events, promotion, and coordinating post-event follow-up
- Analytics reporting, including compiling data, presentations, and assessing performance and engagement
- Organizational support, including building and maintaining presentations and statistics, drafting speaking points, and support as needed with Cropsphere, Canadian pulse industry communications efforts, and Winter Pulse Meetings
- Working closely with internal teams across the organization and externally with various industry partners and colleagues
- A degree in marketing, communications or related field. A background in agriculture would be considered an asset but not required.
- 1-3 years in marketing or communications
- Strong written communications skills
- An eye for design, but coding and graphic design experience is not a requirement
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage and prioritize several projects at once
- Self-starter, problem solver, solutions finder, opportunity identifier
- Team player and ability to work with staff across organization units and externally
- Experience with computer programs/software/platforms including Photoshop, Outlook, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Canva, Wordpress, Drupal, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Hootsuite
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, and an innovative and positive work environment. Please apply by emailing your resume, cover letter, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: July 19th, 2020
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.