This second annual Pulse Variety Seminar is a new virtual event to inform producers, agronomists, and seed growers about new and upcoming pulse varieties and breeding program developments.
- 9:00 am | Introduction
- 9:05 am | Upcoming Pulse Varieties (Laurie Friesen, Seed Program Manager, Saskatchewan Pulse Growers)
- 9:45 am | Faba Bean Seed Production (Lynnell Pomedli)
- 10:05 am | Chickpea Breeding Program (Dr. Bunyamin Tar’an, Crop Development Centre, University of Saskatchewan)
- 10:20 am | Breeding for Pulse Protein & Disease Resistance (Dr. Tom Warkentin, Crop Development Centre, University of Saskatchewan)
- 10:40 am | New Pulse Breeding Strategy for Peas & Lentils (Benzon Lorenzana, Head of Cereals & Pulses Research, North America, Limagrain; Jaenet ter Schure, Pulse Breeder, Limagrain Cereal Seeds)
- 11:00 am | Q&A Panel (all presenters)
- 11:25 am | Closing Remarks
CCA & CCSC credits available.