Reasons to Consider Growing Soybeans
- Soybeans are a non-host of Aphanomyces root rot.
- They offer alternative herbicide and fungicide options from other pulse crops.
- Variable seeding and harvest times allow for a division of workload when it is crunch time.
- Rotational benefits from growing soybeans include fertility and breaking up pest and disease cycles.
- New soybean varieties are better-adapted to Saskatchewan growing conditions and boast increased disease resistance and reduced days to maturity.
- Markets for soybean are well-established.
- Soybeans are best suited to the southern and eastern growing regions of Saskatchewan.